Thursday, November 6, 2014

November 6, 2014

I'm back!! I have a lot to catch up on. Let me begin by saying that Xander has grown so very much. He starts school on Monday and I'm not sure I am ready for the change- he is though, and that is what pushes me to let go. We went over to his cousins house tonight. I work for Anthony (brother-in-law) when he needs help with his balloon biz. It's fun and I do so enjoy the adult conversation. Xander's cousins got bunkbeds so all the way home I had an intense conversation with my son. "Dames and Isaac got bunkdeds?" Was how he started the conversation. "Yes, they did" "Dames and Isaac get on bunkded." "Yes, they get to sleep on it." "Dames and Isaac seep on it?" He was going somewhere with his inquiry I just wasn't sure where. "Yes, they do." "Aunt Mimi got on it?" "No Aunt Mimi has her own bed. She sleeps with Uncle Anthony." "Aunt Mimi no bunkded?" "No, Mimi and Ant sleep in the same bed like mommy and daddy." "Mommy-daddy bed. Ander bed" "Xander has his own bed. Xander's bed is a twin bed. It has drawers and lots of stuffed animals on it." Silence for a minute. "Dames and Isaac got on bunkded. Aunt Mimi- no. Mommy-daddy bed. Ander no bunkded? Dames and Isaac no toys." Ah, we're getting to the reason for the conversation... "No, sweetheart, Xan doesn't have a bunkbed. But Xander does have lots of toys on his bed and James and Isaac don't. Mimi and mommy and daddy don't have bunkbeds either." "Ander no bunkded. Paw patrol bunkded?" "No, paw patrol has there own beds. Xander has a twin bed. Anthony and Mimi share a bed. Mommy and daddy share a bed. James and Isaac have a bunk bed." "Paw patrol has own beds." "Yes. Paw patrol has there own bed." Silence for sometime. I actually thought that he fell asleep. "Dames and Issac got bunkded. Ander no bunkded. Paw Patrol bed... Ander ded. Papa ded. Gamma ded." "You don't need a bunkbed until you have a brother..." I'm glad I know what ded is supposed to be or I might worry a little. We may have to eventually invest in another bunkbed... Life has been so fun with our little man. He is growing so fast and has so very much to say. He loved trick-or-treating this year. He didn't know what to think about all these strangers just handing him candy. He got to show off his Pooh Bear costume again this year. I'm sure it will be the last year... He sure did like to wear it. He loved seeing all his friends dressed up in fun costumes, too. We went trick-or-treating several times and he seemed to really like it. He did try to take a little girls candy, but, in his defense, she had just turned from getting a piece of candy from the lady and Xander thought she was giving it to him...
The other day I was finishing up some chores and heard a crash somewhere near the bathroom. i decided that I would finish my task and then go check on Xander. That lasted all of a second as so many possibilities ran through my head. As I walked toward the noise Xander peaked around the corner of the bathroom. As I got closer I noticed something attached to his chest and tummy. He looked at me and stepped out, stating, "Ook, mommy, tickers!" Sure enough he had found some white stickers and placed them on his little body. I couldn't help but laugh. He was so very proud of his accomplishment.
To say that he fills our life with joy is to say the ocean has a few drops of water... How we adore that little man!

No comments: