Thursday, June 4, 2015

June 2015

It has been so long!! I used to be so good about keeping up and then life got busy. Xander is such a busy little guy. He never stops talking and, for the most part, we love it. Some of his sayings lately,
****** "Xander come on, please keep walking."
Grunting, "I can't, mommy."
"Why?" more exasperated than anything.
"I don't have wegs."
Looking at his legs, "Why?"
"I a mewmaid." (mermaid) ******
****** >Coming out of the library, "Mommy, I dwive your car."
"Ummmm, no, I don't think so. When you're bigger."
A few seconds later, "I'm biggew now, mommy."
"Not big enough." ******
****** "Mommy, I want wound cackews."
"What are wound cackews?"
"Wound, wound... cackews"
"You mean Round Crackers? I don't know what a round cracker is, son. Show me." ******
****** >"Bones, come down staiws."
"Xander, I think Bones needs some silent time."
"Ok, I need siwent time too."
Sits for 6 whole seconds. "Ok, Bones, come now and pway with me." ******
****** "Time to say prayers, son."
"I can't cwose my eyes." Grunting loudly. ******
****** "Xander we have to get ready for school."
Laying on the ground. "I can't, mommy, can't get up." Grunting.
I look at him struggling to stand, "What's wrong, little man."
"My seatbewt is too tight." ******
****** "It's time for school."
"I not going to schoow."
"Yes, you are. Come on."
"I not going. It's Sunday, mommy." ******
****** "Tell daddy what you did today."
"I get up and go on walk and pway at paygwound and go to school and eat snack and pay outside and go to school and come home on bus and eat a snack and go to schoow-" breath.
"Xander, tell daddy what you did to the picture."
"I don't know..." ******
****** Morning (5:00 am)- we're in bed asleep. Xander comes in to wake us. "Mommy, where's daddy."
"Right here."
"No, daddy at work."
"No, he's right here."
"He's at work, mommy."
"Xander, I am right here."
"No, daddy, you at work." ******
****** "Mommy, I need pood."
"Do you want mac-n-cheese?"
"No, mommy, pood."
"Mac-n-cheese is food."
"No, mommy, I want pwuit snack."
"Fruit snack is not food. It's a treat."
"I want tweet pood." ******
****** "I want a toy." Xander's voice floats from the back of the car.
"Xander, you are not to ask for a toy. We are not shopping for toys."
"I don't have enough toys, mommy."
"Oh, you have plenty of toys. Please don't ask again."
Minutes tick by... "Mommy, can I have one of those things I plway wif?" ******
****** He and his uncle Ben:
"I want a bottle."
"Bottles are for babies."
"I not a baby I a big boy."
Then you can't have a bottle because bottles are only for babies."
Xander thinking, "But, I mommy's baby." Looks at Gigi, "I weady for bed now." ******
****** Our biggest argument is bedtime. I know, you are thinking that is the big argument for most parents and their children. ours goes something like this.
"Mommy, I weady for night night."
"It's too early for bed."
"No, mommy, it dark outside. Time for bed. I tiwed."
"Xander it's only 5:00 and the sun is still shining bright."
"No, mommy, it dawk. Pwease...?"
"Not yet. You have to wait until at least 6:30." ******
Welcome to the life of Xander and some of his fun little sayings. I do so love this little guy. We are wrapped around his little fingers.

No comments: