Monday, August 5, 2013

August 4, 2013

Finally, I am able to get onto here and write. Xander, oh my sweet loveable little man, where have you gone? Xander threw his first big temper tantrum. He was screaming for something and dropped down to his knees, looking to us for a reaction and then threw his little body to the ground and flopped around like a fish. Scott and I didn't know what to do and, as we looked at one another, we burst into laughter. Wow, this is gonna be fun. He's so dramatic. He's such a little love, at the same time. He gives daddy hugs and pats his back. He climbs up and hugs me tight and gives his slobbery open mouth kisses... (Now the blogs not letting me upload pictures, so...) Xander understands us clearly. The other day he was running around in his diaper and I said, "Xan, let's get ready to go bye-bye." His little legs moved quickly towards the door as he glanced over his shoulder to wave to his daddy. I had to bring him back in the house to get dressed and boy, he was not happy about that. Sunday we got ready for church and I told him to bring his shoes so that we could go and he brought his favorite little summer shoes. He loves to help mommy and daddy. He is opening and shutting (slamming) all the doors in the house. He loves to flip the light switches on and off and run over to make sure the light bulb actually lit up. In nursery last week they introduced play-do and Xander ate some. This week the teacher told him not to put it in his mouth. Xander took that play-do and examined it closely and then touched it to his cheeks, forehead,nose, and chin before looking at the teacher. They love him. He enjoys his time in nursery and loves his teachers. They always let Scott and I know what a joy he is to have in class. The other day he saw one of those play bottles under the cabinets so he got down and reached and reached 'til he finally got it and he put it in his mouth. He was getting so frustrated at that bottle as it didn't yield the milk that was obviously in it. When the teacher saw it she ran over to take it to him. When we picked him up she apologized profusely for allowing him to put it in his mouth. Scott and I just laughed. We just don't worry about germs as much. I always thought I'd worry about my children putting everything in there mouths. I thought I'd always carry bottles of sanitizer around with me. No, I guess not. Xander loves the bath tub. He will stand up at the very end and slides down the tub on his tummy. He loves to turn the water off and on and give his cars a good carwash. I was watching him conduct his first car wash the other day and he looked at me and pulled the car out really fast, as though he thought I would get mad. It's strange because we don't get mad at him. We are firm with him when there is a chance that he will hurt himself, but... He doesn't like to sit still too long. He has a little table and chairs that are his size and that is where he eats. He will take a bite and wander off to play for a minute and then come back to take another bite. We are thinking of adding a belt to that chair and belting him in during meals... Oh, my son. The speech therapist told us what we needed to do to get him to talk (first visit). The second visit she hung out and played with him longer, watching him run back and forth with new toys. When she got ready to leave she looked at us and admitted, "Now I understand what you mean. He just does what he wants and talking doesn't seem to be one of those things. I will have to adjust my approach." Xan has an appointment on Friday with the orthopedic doctor. We wait to see what is next for our little man. He is such a joy to us. He's so beautiful. We catch ourselves just staring at him as he makes faces and dances, hugs the dog, plays with his trucks or brings all the books to us to read. He is such a happy little boy (except for those moments). He still loves his nap time and bed time, giggling as we carry him to bed and doing a little wiggle dance on his back when we lay him down and he cuddles with his Pooh. He loves to get dirty and, I find, those are some of the best times to get a hug from my little man. His giggle is awesome!! When he does speak, his little voice makes us smile. His smile is the most gorgeous one I've ever seen. He loves daddy's transformers- even though he still brings them to mommy to play with. He's into everything. Pulling out drawers and all the contents. I enter a room and the floor is littered with my craft stuff and Scott's toys and computer stuff. He loves to help us. We helped some friends pack their stuff into the moving truck and Xander followed us back and forth, up and down. He loves to help us clean up (most of the time). He likes to push the buttons so anytime I am doing laundry or loading the dishwasher he is right there to help me and, once the doors are closed, he gets to turn the machines on. We still haven't introduced many sweets into his diet, but when daddy has something tasty, Xan wants some too. He loves to share mommy's cereal. We still can't get him to eat ice cream. So sad. I will post pictures as soon as I am able...

No comments: