Thursday, September 27, 2012

Week 62

Today was the follow-up appointment. He gained a pound- but he was dressed heavier so I think it was quite a bit lower than that. The doctor was quite happy with that and we went over the food that Xander is eating. I purchased baby food, pediasure, avocados, and anything else that is higher in calories for my sweet little man. He still feeds himself and then I feed him after he's done to make sure he is full. I have decided not to take him off the bottle until he gains a little more weight and is able to maintain on his own since he does still drink well from it. All the blood work came back- positive or negative, however you look at it. He is a healthy little boy and that seemed to take the doctor by surprise. He has 5 teeth coming in and they are all at the same place- poking through but just enough to cause serious pain. The doctor wants to see Xander every month to weigh him and make sure things are going ok. The 0-3 therapist came this morning and we will be seeing a physical therapist as well as a speech therapist. My job is to keep him moving and work his legs. Lindsay and I have been holding his hands and walking him back and forth between us. He used to walk on his toes but has finally dropped his heels down. He has also started reaching up to me to pull him up. He has gotten into this phase where he just wants to be held. If I go to put him down he crawls up me and wraps his arms around my neck. I'm pretty sure that it is because he is in so much pain from the teething... Xander loves meat, cheese, breads, crackers, but still will not eat anything sweet. He does like the pediasure. He is making friends everyday and I have no regrets having a daycare in my home. I believe that it makes everything easier for Xander. He needs other children around and absolutely loves all his friends... most of the time- when they don't steal his toy. Haha. Hadley is one of his new friends. She felt it her responsibility to feed him this day. I just sat and watched them for a good half hour. They're so cute...
How can you not love this?
My sweet little man...
Xander was so upset so I set him in the toy box and then he didn't want out...
We did talk about a few things that it could be and some procedures that we might have to get for Xan. If Xander doesn't progress the doctor wants to do a head MRI to see if something is wrong. He also mentioned that Xander could have a slight cerebral-palsy. I feel that he will be fine and that the Lord will care for my little boy. He is such a strong little man, determined and stubborn. I love him so much- that is all that really matters- all the rest... whatever it may be... we will work through it together as a family. Scott is still out of town but will be home for a week coming up real soon. We are so excited to see him.

2 comments:

Nikki Yorgason said...

I love Xander and I'm so glad to hear that he is healthy! You and your family are in my prayers, as always!

Brooke and Mike said...

Sweet little guy! I hope you have a wonderful week with Scott when he's back! If you want a date night, let us know and we'll watch Xan for ya.